When The Smoke Clears(A Rap Thread)

Curious, how did you interpret his lyrics in regard to all the 6ix9ine stuff?

What I got was he was sending a message to other rappers who play gangsters for clout…

Pray for Takeshi / they want him to rot
I picture him inside a cell on a cot
‘Flectin on how it made it to the top
Wondering if it was worth it or not

As in pray for dude but he’s probably in there thinkin…at what cost did my fame come? Am I paying for it with 32 to life in the feds now!?

I read an interview where J Cole said that he said that he respected Tekashi cause he was willing to get fame through whatever means possible… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: considering the sexual allegations, it’s really, really sus. Not really trying to be cancel-culturey (he’s got a long prison sentence ahead of him anyways) but it’s kind of a sketch line from Cole.

the vocal mixing on this track is next level…fans of SOPHIE will appreciate the beat

“deconstructed club rap the new wave!” in the comments. :crazy_face: no lie about that.

YACHTY THO! always new Chance had bars but daaaaaaamn

Man RIP Nipsey, wasn’t really a fan just always enjoyed what he had to say in interviews about ownership, the industry he was navigating, and how to practice knowledge of self and make your dreams into reality.

His death is reverberating deep in the culture and it has lots to do with his radical vision of unity and ownership as an alternative to fractured competition.

some dude I know talked to me about these guys after we were chatting about Brockhampton (he was wearing an Iridescence shirt). This video has finally made me fully interested in them.

Ended up on a binge of all their stuff, they’re cold!

Spose not clanging hihats

Started out with nothing still got it all.,.

this. is. hard.

thread recharge post hip hop you’re feelin

THIS MIX IS FIRE

first track reminds me of tricky rapping over quasimoto, second reminds me of dan the automator/dj spooky. good stuff.

5am afters sounds