Gotta Track? Share Your Secret Weapons!

Also, as this thread-as-mix is in the electro portion rn, can’t not share this recent LNS jam…I like it quite a bit, but for the 10 people who listen to my mixes, this has definitely gotten a reaction.

This one’s a classic burner!

that’s fucking hotttttt

Always ends up being one of the more energetic tracks in a set from my personal experience. just So H E F T Y you know? hehe anyways theres a few other similar tracks that fulfill this same function for me, are you familiar with the duo Lakker?

I could never get over how well crafted, well textured and just beautifully evolving this monster is

Also, nice to throw in the odd old classic.

wasn’t familiar with either of those, @daisuk, I really like the Alias G!

you know @Sherif, I always grouped Lakker in with the noise techno crowd and never really gave them a real chance (same goes for Eomac, and man, does that dude have a lot going on in his productions…can’t recommend his album from last year, Reconnect, enough…it has its flaws–not the easiest thing to digest–but it’s just so ambitious and DIFFERENT). I like the track you posted way more than I would have ever expected…everything you wrote about it above definitely comes through for me.

OK, now to share some dollar bin bangers…I posted the below track earlier in the week, but it is very much in line with the whole point of this thread, as it’s a record I can’t wait to scoop up and play out (though that probably won’t be for some time, oh well). filter house was a dime a dozen when it was released in 2000, but has a romantic, euphoric quality to it that brings to mind classics like “Mit Dir.”

And I’m sure this next one is well-known to anyone who loves and follows DnB, but as it’s really only been in the past year that I’ve come to realize how much I love the music, this 2002 banger from Marcus Intalex and High Contrast just instantly makes me dream of playing it at 3am to a sweaty throng. Also posted this as well, so apologies for the retreads;)

Lastly, here’s a secret weapon that I haven’t posted elsewhere already and that I actually do have on vinyl…my bestie whom I inherited it from got it back around 09 and it just blew our goddamn mindssssss…btw, RaH is Rabih Beaini, better known to many of you as Morphosis;)

yeah, couldn’t have said it better myself. came up on my BC feed and I bought it pretty much sight unseen based on the PR copy…

Drawing influence from traditional Irish music, Haitian voodoo drumming, the raw old-school jungle of Source Direct and the abstract rhythms of Autechre, Eomac has crafted a dense, multi-layered and polyrhythmic exploration of percussion, texture and movement.

…uhh, yes, please.

but, yeah, like you said, not easy to digest (as for flaws, idk, but I could def live without the screaming).

yeah, I wasn’t sure about using “flaws” as I basically was just commenting on the screaming as well, hehe. I also read that PR copy and said the exact same thing.

wow, i think i have to buy some alias g :yum:

when it comes to D&B to me Offshore Recordings put out a lot of forward thinking tunes.

also Martsman “Step Up (Berlin)” is worth to check out but I haven’t found audio in the www

and for the fun: