Gotta Track? Share Your Secret Weapons!

OK, this one is for all the DJ’s and trainspotters:) Share a banging and undersung track you’d play on the dancefloor (assuming this is the most open-minded and forgiving of all dance floors…seriously, fuck any and all rules). That said, kicking it off with a somewhat trad jam that goes from top-shelf NY filter house into a dance-dub odyssey…

1 track at a time so only your best and brightest:) Very much in the tradition of the Pi, Bleeps and Bloops, and any other private DJ FB groups but open to everyone cuz secret weapons does not a dj make.

This is NOT a track ID thread, rather a thread so that you can ID that track yoself. Doesn’t have to be obscure or esoteric, just something that you’ve found that you think is mighty real and don’t want to hoard it to yourself;)

OK, one more cuz I can’t help myself…didn’t know this one until the Young Marco Selectors comp on Dekmantel. Legit bought that album to have this track on wax…wish I was afraid more DJ’s would play this out but who knows, maybe you’ve heard it on the floor before.

I’m kinda of a dickhead, and like to fuck with people, so weird covers and remixes are my jams.

I did a full set of covers a while back and I had a whale of a time. Got a decent reaction too. Lots of people asking about various tracks.

I love wickedsquad. I love ragga twins. And this capital J mix just spells danger. It’d need the sort of crowd that likes to head butt each other and then hug each other after. It’s a track I’d love to hear out but never have

LOL. I mean, I guess you could be considered a ‘dickhead’ if you just want to fuck with people, but sounds to me like you just want to play what you like…I think selfishness in DJ’ing is important to be honest because ultimately, that means you’re forming your own voice in the process. Also, that Cindy & Bert track rules face;)

I got a Sylk 130 record on Ovum from 2000 earlier today, which makes me want to share this track…the person who turned me onto it pointed out that Umfang actually included this in a Groove mix (and labeled it as Joe Clausell). Le sigh…

But yeah, this remix owns face.

Not my weirdest or heaviest tune, but this one works every time -

Whoa, this is exactly why I started this thread…not something that would ever be on my radar, but glad I know about it now (and I bet it fucking works every time). Thanks!

Also, since this all I do, here’s one probaly a lot of y’all know but was new to me until I got this record for $1! (long story, but it was a next level buy).

you can be a dickhead and keep the groove at the same time

Or fuck it up a bit;)

(Love Springtime but never heard this cut…interesting, into it! Very up my alley.)

I joke that this is ‘autechre club’ as it basically sounds what the two would make if they make semi-functional club music…this track is hella fun to mix with, tho can’t say I’ve ever tried it on the floor…would have to be a pretty open-minded one, but they exist.

Also, this thread topic is a not-clever reference to this absolute banger…sure most of you know it, but if not, enjoy!

this is one to run

I still like to drop this from time to time. the combination of acid and jungle is something i really love.

Whoa, that is banging as hell! Great find!!

This is one of my most cherished tracks from one of the coolest albums I heard last year…talk about acid euphoria:

wonderful ep! but also maybe a bit to relaxed for a party i think?
i guess another not-so-secret-acid-weapon and all-time fave of mine is of course

this reminds me that i used to mix this into “rave is back again”:

:grin:

Did you scope that recent Ceephax album? Heard good things.

And yeah, that EP doesn’t work for the party but that song could (have never tried but have used it in enough dance mixes…throw a sturdy rhythm track under that sucker and you’re off to the races.)

oh hell yes! i kind of buy everything of him. camelot arcade and the two 12" before are more serious than his previous work. you can listen to all of it here:
https://ceephax.bandcamp.com/

another killer tune that is not expensive:

3:26 :crazy_face: