Coffee fucks me up

Lemon balm tea has a energizing/focusing effect. I mix it with roasted dandelion root in the morning, peppermint later on in the afternoon or evening.

If you can have only a little caffeine, brewed ground raw cacao is a great drink, especially added to a little roasted dandelion root and/or chickory.

yeah friends of mine do a cacao chickory tea that sort of doubles as a smoky chocolately coffee replacement in terms of flavors and lighter on the caff

roasted dandelion root tastes better than chickory and is also a liver detox (which a lot of people might need;)

i practically live and breath coffee and magnesium supplements; l-tyrosine makes a nice addition to a coffee stack

Iā€™ve wondered about magnesium supplements. Figure I get enough in my diet ā€“ leafy greens etc. What does l-tyrosine do?

magnesium is important! studies indicate most of us are deficient ;; also taking multivitamins and extra vitamin c is part of my morning reggie.

l-tyrosine is to dopamine as to l-tryptophan//5-htp is to serotonin (anyone who pre- post-loads 5-HTP for MDMA/serotogenic drugs knows what this means in short)

pretty much, taking l-tyrosine in the morning on an empty stomach ā€œagitatesā€ your brain to start up-regulating dopamine; i havenā€™t had MY coffee yet so iā€™m being vague :stuck_out_tongue:

this kinda helps smooth out the dopamine-drain from drinking coffee and produces a more rounded, confident, less anxious state when combined with morning coffee and a meal. it is a good motivation enhancer and provides you with a dopamine source to feel adequate in completing tasks, talking and socializing, etc. itā€™s one of the scarce extra ingredients in some energy drinks (RED BULL) but isnā€™t in any amount that has noticeable effects. itā€™s also cheap and i buy it from nootropic/supplement websites.

coluracetam is a kick-ass nootropic to have with coffee too

Coluracetum sounds like it comes from the back end of something :stuck_out_tongue:

Might try the l-tyrosine and l-tryptophan/5-htp thing at some point. I tend to fuck myself up on supplements though. Took a green foods thing full of spirulina/chlorella, and that turned outā€¦ interesting.

oh lordy, speaking of back ends;;;

i personally have used 5-HTP sparsely compared to l-tyrosine; both have to be cycled somewhat in order to keep oneā€™s own emotions regulated. some people report 5-HTP supplementation on the regular led them to be more emotive (excess serotonin up-regulation) but in ways that werenā€™t necessarily positive. emotions rock but not too off-kilter lol

w/ 5-HTP you wanna look at adding Green Tea EGCG to boot; helps mitigate any potential cardiovascular issues a small portion of the population is predisposed to when introducing extra serotonin to the body.

l-tyrosine, tho, seems to be a more frequent supplement and iā€™ve not had any issues adding it to a somewhat daily stack (gotta watch out and be sure to eat tho otherwise you might find yourself extra nuanced in crankiness and time management lol)

wow, proper nerd-talk here! never looked into these kind of things.

this is an awesome thread! I can drink coffee like itā€™s my job and never feel quite right unless Iā€™m working out pretty hard. Most of my friends are quite the opposite. They never exercise and smoke a lot of weedā€¦and I have no idea how they manage to be as productive as they are. I just turn into the textbook stereotype of the lazy stoner. really donā€™t know how they do it.

Magnesium and Vit D supplements are pretty important to my mood too. the magnesium in particular improves my sleep significantly and the vit D keeps the winter blues away in these cold months.

i went cold turkey no caffeine at all starting last Monday and HOO BOY that was not a good idea i had the worst headaches for about 2 days, but then i started feeling really good to the point where i felt like i had more energy and would wake up without my alarm clock. but today im back on my shit lmao i just like coffee

trialling green tea atm, seems to give me the buzz i oh so need yet the L-theanine keeps me from becoming an unstable mess. tastes kinda bad but the more i drink it, the more i like it

me being me though i may need to replace my vice. something that does me no good so i can drink it 2 ease my rebellious side. coffee was great cuz iā€™d have no sugar in it and avoid getting fat

honey for that green teaā€¦youā€™re in a zone where you can find that hi grade manuka

crumbled, drinking a large maccas iced latte. gonna ride the waves

mate, if i wanna order some good coffee online, and brew it somewhat nicely, what do you recommend?

Where are you located?

If youā€™re close to a major city thereā€™s bound to be someone importing the good stuff. If not I can ask some friends who roast for a good resourceā€¦

@nickecks wouldnā€™t you say maybe a Stumptown or an Intelligentcia might be a good entry point for @TonosAzules to experiment with some ā€œhigh endā€ roasts? a little mainstream sure, but certainly more interesting than a bag of Lavazzaā€¦

Ya most def but depending on where in the world they are there might be a better fresher alternative and the money spent on it could go to support a local roaster on their comeup

I do a reset every now and then. like being back on the sauce ha

i think my body is more sensitive to caffeine than most because i donā€™t just feel energized drinking it, i feel euphoric, almost amorous and in love. donā€™t know how I could live without it bc if I quit caffeine I would definitely be turning to harder drugs for that buzz