Alien dancehall

you know what those inspiration posters say: it only takes four muscles and at least 20 characters to smile

saw this shit live at simple things in bristol last year, was fuckin bonkers

oi oi oiii

That’s good. Bloody love Lady Saw too

More Duppy Gun 12" comin next month + a bunch of the tracks from Miro Tape will surface on an LP later in the year I hope (with added SKRS…)

This Ghost tune >>>>

Immediately thought of this thread when listening to The Bug’s remixes of this track.

new single from equiknoxx, this one is rlly special :blush: :heart:

The story behind EM13 is one that sees Equiknoxx crew (Gavsborg + Time Cow) in a quite a sought-after Air bnb in Kingston. Invited to this cozy spot by RTKal (Birmingham based MC + Frequent Equiknoxx Collaborator), saw us trying different methods to cancel out the sounds of the Hope Zoo + Kingston traffic as we nested in the second floor of this Hope Pasture dwelling.

We originally went there as our studio was under renovation and we decided we wanted to lay some bars down with RTKal. The night took an interesting turn when we began to commend people that have made big strides in dancehall culture, with Elephant Man’s name reeling high in the discussion. Elephant Man is quite a character which we believe deserves a very focused applause for bringing a refreshing ‘burlesque’ flair to the Kingston scene in the early 2000’s. When we think of Elephant Man we think of an outlandish 120bpm ‘Jiggy Mixture’ of Grace Jones & Lee Scratch Perry meets Busta Rhymes.

After long nostalgic discussions, Time Cow & RTKal both begin to vocal the ghostly synth + drum repetition concocted by a volca beats trial run by Gavsborg.

dope kickdrum! ——————————

Miro Tape is utterly AMAZING

Obviously massively late to all this, but have been obsessed with Equiknoxx and DJ Python for a while but haven’t really had the money or energy for digging out new stuff. Also had no idea where to start.

I’ve just heard Miro Tape and am obsessed with that now too, and then coincidentally found this thread from years ago giving me loads of stuff to check out and loads of entry points! I think it’s a sign. Thanks everyone!