A/V - 555-5555 YT videos

Mind bending

Fast moving imagery/mild flashing warning.

Whilst nowhere near as impressive as the stuff posted above, this video is still really cool and a very nice little treat for long time POLYSICS fans like myself. Big ol’ mashup of their previous videos backed with one of their new (read: Nov 2017) songs, which is easily in my top 3 favourites.

Also, side note, but as a polite request could we all start popping on some warnings if the video has a bunch of flashing imagery and such? I get its usually part of the package with A/V stuff but it’s best to warn people regardless I feel. Heck, I’m pretty sensitive to it and I ain’t even epileptic so it throws me off a lot. Ta.

there’s a youtube channel called theuglymugly. i seem to remember thinking it was lukid’s channel? there are a few good vids on there. lots of manipulating archive footage. there was a really amazing one with loads of footage from what seemed like cop shows & stuff, but it got taken down & i’ve been desperate to see it since, but i don’t think i ever will :disappointed:

I will always love this one-take gem directed by Richard Ayoade:

fuck yeah! Kokofreakbean is amazing! Didn’t know he had made a video. Thanks for posting. :slight_smile:

Here’s one I dig.

This one also NSFW:

Some incredible animation right here, song’s not bad either

@Daisuk last time i checked, graphic depiction of rape stylized as comedic wasn’t “offensive in this day and age”, it’s inherently mocking and disrespectful to survivors in every day and age

Frankly, speaking as a survivor myself (which ideally wouldn’t have to be something I’d have to publicly reveal just for stuff of this nature to be taken seriously, but it’s probably better I lay my cards on the table so it’s clearer where I’m speaking from instead of it looking like I’m just trying to find a way to be bitchy), a vague warning that frames it as “offensive” (i.e. something that merely hurts our wittle dewicate fee-fees rather than something that ties into broader social attitudes and genuine issues with how people think about sexual abuse and violence) kinda suggests that even if your heart’s in the right place, you still have a ways to go before you genuinely ‘get’ understanding and empathizing with survivors.

Anyway, since I should probably take this back to videos so I don’t kick this thread down the track to derailing and imploding, I find I keep coming back to both Cranes in the Sky and Don’t Touch My Hair - I’m not much of an expert on cinematography (or whatever the relevant word is here), but I find that both in terms of design and lighting/camera stuff, they both seem to have this really soft but still immersive and artsy thing going on colorwise that really feels memorable and polished to a level even a lot of good videos don’t reach.

Keeping on with artists repeatedly knocking it out of the park, I really like both Happy and Your Best American Girl - besides being nicely executed in terms of general design, I think they’re both pretty good and emotionally satisfying examples of “explicitly telling a story/message” videos.

I can’t keep rambling on about every video I like or I’ll be here forever, but (and shockingly enough, I didn’t pick a video from 2016 this time!) there will always be a place in my heart for Bachelorette.

Look, I’m really sorry about that, I didn’t mean to offend anyone by posting that video or by what I wrote either. People very close to me have experienced sexual abuse as well, so I do know how it can affect a person’s life.

Beautiful visuals on this one

Another that will stick with me forever is the track and visual for Papua New Guinea, both are completely mesmerising. Love the oldskool aesthetic to it, would like to learn to create video like they did back in t’day.

Yeah I love that Papua New Guinea video style. You ever seen Stakker - Eurotechno? It’s Brian Dougans from FSOL doing a whole album with a visual component, released on VHS and Laserdisc in 1989, the whole thing is on youtube and it is great

some classics i always loved:

(anyone can play guitar is probs one of the best things radiohead has ever done cuz its the only diss track in existence by a group of artists to be directed at their future selves. go ahead and @ me on this ill still stand by it :upside_down_face:)

This looks great, ill give a watch the whole way through when I get the chance!

I’ve been in a long UK Garage phase and there are a couple that jump out at me.

I heard this tune out recently, and was struggling to find it. Pleasantly surprised by this weird video. It’s got a sort of creepy Kubrick rip-off vibe. I like all the 90s/early 00s visual stuff in it.

This one’s a classic tune and I like the oddness and 90s / early 00s vibe w/ the filming style & the clothes, & the look of the people. I dunno I just like it.