Top Flight – new club music // every Tues // Red Bull Radio

It’s about time I started a thread for my radio show.

Top Flight goes out every Tuesday on Red Bull Radio – 7pm UK, 2pm NY, 11am LA. The focus is on club music that doesn’t fit the house and techno template. Including but not limited to: jungle, footwork, dancehall, dubstep, reggaeton, Jersey club, ballroom/vogue, grime, gqom, ~deconstructed club~, FDM, kuduro, and of course aquacrunk.

I’ll do a post in here every week to let you know what’s on the show, so if you wanna put in a request or send me tunes, go right ahead.

This week (Tuesday, 28th August) my guests are Orson and Hops from long-running Berlin bass hotspot Version. They talk to me about bringing dubstep to Germany back in 2006 and how they’ve built a dedicated following for their parties at OHM, which they call the Plastic People of Berlin.

Plus, I’ve got new tracks from Lechuga Zafiro on NAAFI, Uganda’s Nyege Nyege Tapes and its sublabel Hakuna Kulala, Nazamba on The Bug’s label Pressure, Scratcha DVA, Nan Kole x Prynce Mini, Bryte, Lurka and, in the regular ~ambient zone~, some new Yamaneko.

Listen here live or catch up with the stream for the next 4 weeks >>> https://www.redbullradio.com/shows/top-flight-with-chal-ravens/episodes/version

Also still available to stream:
Aug 21 - Mark Iration - dub vibrations from the year 3000 (mix)
Aug 14 - Karnage Kills and rkss - grime and avant-garde sonics
Aug 7 - Lisbon’s new generation - club futurism with Odete (mix) and BLEID

If there’s a past episode you’ve missed and you really want to hear it, give me a shout and I can sort you out.

love the show big ups <3333

On Top Flight today!!! (September 4):

Ghanaian star-in-the-making Bryte introduces his debut LP Too Good For Your Liking – a cross-continental fusion of afrobeats and UK funky featuring production from Mina, Gafacci, TSVI, Tarquin, The Busy Twist and more.

Bristol bass engineer Lurka celebrates his Heat Mover 12" on Timedance with a chat about his life and work and a wicked guest mix of outre influences, from OPN to Horacio Vaggione.

Plus, I’ve got the premiere of East Man’s new track Twilight, from the first release on his new label Hi Tek Sounds, plus new music from Murlo & S-Type, Jay Glass Dubs, DEBIT and Ugandan label Hakuna Kulala.

Listen live from 7pm UK: https://www.redbullradio.com/shows/top-flight-with-chal-ravens

Big tings on Top Flight for the next five weeks – I’m broadcasting live(ish) from Red Bull Music Academy in Berlin (mates it’s ridiculous, Mike Banks is just strolling round chatting to people like it’s nothing – help me work out what to say to him pls) and I’m going to have flesh-und-blood guests with me on the show every week.

We kick off this Tuesday, 11th September, with Berlin transplant and RBMA alumnus ILLUM SPHERE, who’s gonna be playing the finest German tunes in his collection and generally getting us acclimatised.

Then I’m joined by PAN’s dystopia-warriors AMNESIA SCANNER, who’ve finally ripped off their masks and are ready to introduce their mindfuck stunner of a new album, Another Life. Holy shit it’s good.

I’m also gonna play some tracks from RBMA participants, starting this week with Oslo boi FAKETHIAS, who is making very sick noisy club tunes for the Ball 'Em Up crew – s/o to them because they are top.

What else? Nu bits from SHALT, Sonido Berzerk, D Double E, Intentionally Cold and more. Lock in!

back at Funkhaus Berlin again today!

my guests are Frankfurt-based breaks & hip-hop addict KABUKI, who’ll be digging into his record bag to tell the story of his life in bass, and Berlin label boss and Reef party host DARWIN, who’s promised to bring her whompiest dubstep along for a Top Flight guest mix.

i’ve also got tunes from Sonido Berzerk, SHALT, Anna Morgan and one of my fave RBMA participants, Gaika producer Nick Leon.

MAJOR EXCLUSIVES!

on this week’s Top Flight i’m joined by club genius M.E.S.H. who drops a batch of his own forthcoming tracks in a brilliant guest mix… think industrial

plus Berlin DJ duo SICK GIRLS talk about bringing bass and grime to Berlin in the mid 00s and pick the tracks that defined their Revolution No 5 party

i’ve also got brand new music from OBJEKT, TSVI, OBJECT BLUE x SIM HUTCHINS, SHACKLETON, LINNEA, HORNSEY HARDCORE and more…

fk i missed it. Can you let us know when the recording is online?

the last four weeks’ worth of Top Flight are always online! you may require a VPN if you’re outside Europe. anyone who’s really keen for a download - it’s 100% against the rules. enquire within.

This week on Top Flight, two of Berlin’s brightest young things turn up for a special B2B guest mix! :no_entry::no_entry::no_entry:MECHATOK and MOBILEGIRL will be with me in the studio at Funkhaus as we enter term two of RBMA.

Also! The very first play of Mr. Mitch’s ‘Phantom Dance’ from his new Primary Progressive EP

Plus! one from Mumdance’s noise/metal project Bliss Signal, a blinding new club tune from Shackleton, Egyptian experimental from UIQ signing ZULI, and a banger from current RBMA participant and NAAFI affiliate Wasted Fastes.

For the last transmission from Berlin…

I’m joined by raver/songwriter/producer PERERA ELSEWHERE, who’s on hand to introduce her dark and dreamy music and choose some of her favourite club tunes…

and the Top Flight guest mix comes from one of Berlin’s most unique and exciting DJs, the masterful ZIUR is delivering a triple-deck set that took my head off when I watched it happen in the studio… !

plus the premiere of Famous Eno’s new single on Swing Ting feat. the one ‘n’ only UNIIQU3, and new shit from Aisha Devi, Mr. Mitch and RBMA participant Metabora.