SOPHIE // Oil of Every Pearl's Un-insides (Transgressive)

Here’s five tracks I’d pick as a “primer to SOPHIE” prior to this album.

SOPHIE tracks

Bipp - first song I remember hearing, definitely singular sounding, pitched up vocals w/ rubbery synths that push the song along while leaving any kick out entirely.

Lemonade - had this on repeat for a long time. great pop song that goes hard. The B-side (actually called “Hard”) is also fantastic.

Collaborations / Productions

Vince Staples - Yeah Right, one of my favorite tracks on the album, SOPHIE producing hip hop.

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom, I think SOPHIE has collaborated w/ Charli more than any other artist, so there’s a lot to pick from here. The EP that this track comes from is entirely produced by SOPHIE, four great tracks.

Madonna - Bitch I’m Madonna (feat. NIcki Minaj), ok, not the best song, but I’m just including it to make the point that SOPHIE works with some of the biggest artists out there. I think this is co-produced with Diplo, and you can hear pretty clearly which pieces were produced by whom. Also, the synth at the end is incredible and sounds like it’s tearing your speakers apart :slight_smile:

Rad, thank you! Love that Vince Staples track, never knew it was Sophie!!

Thanks for this post! I’ve been wondering what the fuzz is about this artist. Been seeing the name dropped more and more this year. I like the sounds/sound design on a lot of these tracks, although the compositions in general are mysteries to me, I don’t get a feel for them at all, and the vocals are just not my cup of tea at all.

Just goes again to show how old I’ve gotten. I can hear that there’s something interesting in this, but I doubt I’ll ever take the time to actually listen through this album. My loss though, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue: