Skee Mask // Compro (Ilian Tape)

I am with you there - on my first listen,anyways. And imo too much of modern techno is like this. No personal investment/idiosyncrasies, nor radicalism, quirkyness or emotional sincerety present in the music. Sad.

Yeah, I feel the same way, so much bland and boring music being released (not talking specifically about this one - I think it has something to it that a lot of releases these days haven’t got). I’ve found that looking up random “smalltime” producers on Bandcamp and Soundcloud yields better/more interesting listening experiences than following what’s being released by labels, who, afterall, need to see a certain profit from what they choose to release. It’s maybe a thin theory, but it seems like a lot of watered down club-tracks are being released as it’s easier DJ-fodder than more interesting compositions.

Yup and as a vinyl fan thus saddens me a bit. Not many years ago you could be sure that the quality was higher if the release was on vinyl nowadays it can be easily be the opposite is the case