Objekt // Cocoon Crush (PAN)

feels like the sounds are dancing around my brain

this album is mad boring for real

hahahaha youre awesome for being honest. i feel the same way now but will see if it grows on me…

its like he tried to make an Amon Tobin album but didnt have anybody to give him brutal honesty about his lack of song structure. these songs almost go somewhere fun then end up just meandering into foley room pseudo ambient atmospheric loops imo. too much sound design not enough song for me.

Found it a bit boring as well.

I think the album starts strong and ends strong, but really meanders in the middle. Overall haven’t decided how much I like it as an album, but Lost and Found (Found Mix) is really great. I just wish the rest of the album built up to the emotional payoff of that track.

curious how this album is aging for other folks…i’m beginning to appreciate it when i listen in the dark at night before bed drinking warm milk eating nilla wafers…

I’ve found I can’t just listen to this album by itself, but if I have it in a playlist with a few other albums, I enjoy the individual tracks once they come on. That goes for most albums these days for me though.

i do feel that a bunch of the tracks wander a bit, but i enjoy the trip. though i do skip around the playlist…

there’s a dark atmosphere to Rest Yr Troubles Over Me that i especially enjoy. the bells and foley sound details transform whatever environment I’m listening in into an eerie place.

Haven’t touched it since it came out. I dunno, it’s like a blockbuster Hollywood movie, technically competent and really flashy, but I only really care to see it once.

I’m a big fan of this one, the way that Rest Yr Troubles Over Me breaks down into the tinnitus sounds but then gets into something that sounds like mangled vocals reminds me a bit of the back half of Vainio & Vigroux - Souffles. Like there’s a certain type of dread to it that I found very compelling. And I’m a sucker for how he sets up references to the immediate past on his albums, like how Another Knot refers back to Nervous Silk. I think there’s a lot more to this one than a shiny surface.