Favourite music docs/films

The Agony and the Ecstasy

The new documentary about ryuichi sakamoto was very serene and beautiful, really brings his ethos down to earth but is still really inspiring. Combines his experience with cancer, his last album, and the tsunami, among other things. Very nice portrait

Couldn’t agree more, definitely one of the best films I’ve seen this year.

The first part of DOWC is fantastic as well, the music is better too. Still looking forward to seeing part 3.

Many hilarious bits of DOWC pt.2 but the ‘Russian Winter’ song and floundering attempt to set fire to USSR flag is probably the highlight for me. It’s also worth pointing out that the people involved are often so repulsive that it can be a bit depressing at times.

just seen on RA: maybe you want to kickstart your next favourite music doc

THE RISE AND FALL AND RISE OF SENSATIONAL.

i stumbled upon these videos some days ago. great explanations in a short amount of time and fun to watch. check out the others as well!

love this series, this and borders are the two series on vox i think are really pushing what youtube journalism can be

CDM posted this:

Rauschen Im Tal -> electronic music in Dresden (Germany)

The Secret History of the Vocoder

The Adventure Of Roc Raida
(R.I.P)

More a “we brought a camera along”, than a documentary . . .
Shows a side of dj culture that seems lost today
(probably lurking in the shadows, but . . .)

Missing the time when djs didn’t have to act all serious and cool!
Where the recipe didn’t exist yet . . .

Recent Bolier Room doco on Bristol is interesting and concise

It really is a lovely little piece of film, but sadly it is a mockumentary made to promote the album by Tod Terje. Nonetheless a very nice way to spend 15 min, and I’ve seen it several times myself. :slight_smile:

this feature documentary tells the story of master piper, Liam O’Flynn. available on tg4 player for 12 more days

Found this cool jungle doc on youtube

The Summer Of Rave 1989

BBC Everyman - E is for Ecstasy - Rave Documentary 1992

Generation Of Sound - Early 90s Rave Documentary

Notes on Breakcore

For DnB
LolaDaMusica pt.1
LolaDaMusica pt. 2