Do you have a healthy relationship with music?

You’d sebtle for that, sounds like you already cracked that bottle of scotch open.

Oh dear. I don’t even remember writing that.

My relationship with music was probably at its healthiest around the 2nd half of 2015, but then again, nothing’s ever perfect. Don’t even know if 2015 was when it was at its healthiest, since I still had disdain for a lot of music on soundcloud until later in the year when I became more open minded towards URL based music scenes, but I was copping 12"s at random on Redeye almost solely on hype.

^^^ I seem to have drafted this around probably the summer or something. Point still stands. I’m pretty sure my standing with music is a lot more healthier these days - I ditched and stopped following a lot of scenes that were shit and had shitty people which I should’ve done a long time ago. I’m more open minded towards other music communities and I buy a lot of music from various genres. I’m also vulnerable to the occasional discogs / youtube hole where I just get curious about one artist and it spirals into something like a research project. (i should make a thread about that)

this topic was on my mind a lot the past couple of years - i realised my addictive relationship with & excessive consumption of music parallels general tendencies i have towards that sort of behaviour, but aside from spending money i don’t have on supporting artists i love, it’s generally a more tenable and far less harmful addiction than most addictions