best album covers (electronica and its many families)

just wanting to see some inspiring album art ideas from everyone, cuz its often the gateway into the chase for the heightened listening experience

Prodigy
this one i saw in a used CD bin when I was 8 years old, sitting in the rinky tinky piles jewelcases near Limp Bizkit and Alanis Morisette. It was the early 2000’s, back when every artifact of electronica was a prized object and I still liked Nu-Metal. I feel like Nu-Metal really didn’t go far, but maybe it just evolved into EDM?
The states are weird, not really sure why dubstep made such a splash here, especially after the golden output from detroit, why dubstep?
This album cover reminds me of the Koopa Troopa level on Mario Kart 64.

I still think that Prodigy Experience is the best one, absolutely bonkers creative hyperspeed brain jazz.
The later stuff is good but he focused more on synth texture and less on making the dynamic rhythm shifts and programming innovations. Who doesn’t love The Hackers soundtrack? I heard they made a sequel, there isn’t a sequel to Mortal Kombat. There’s a new Dune movie coming out? What do you all think of that, it seems like if Jodorowsky and group dosing isn’t involved its just another greenscreen daydream.

i really dislike the burial covers. looks weak to me
same for skream!

hahaha!

they have a middle school vibe in a way,
sort of like cigarettes and study hall kinda pensive doodling I suppose

I really love the bit about him using Metal Gear Solid samples and Audacity or something to make his first album though - I love anything technology misuse oriented

I reckon the cover for the first Burial record has a perfect picture, but I would’ve made the title smaller and dropped the Hyperdub logo myself. I always thought the Skream cover was pretty funny when flipping through records and all of a sudden there’s this munted Skream looking at you ha ha

Boredoms album covers frigging rule!

Personally don’t think we need another version of Dune, but at least the visuals will probably look ridiculously good. I’m all for making Jodo’s version but, that would be EPIC. Such a shame it never got made in the day, but at least we have The Incal because of it :slightly_smiling_face: