Bandcamp recommendations

pendant also known as Huerco S.

this record is really quite nice. loving the blissful, blown-out rhythmelodics. so important for ambient music to have some emotional center and some propulsion to elevate it above some simplistic, generic drone exercise that anyone could churn out.

Is nobody else allowed to do tape loop type ambient stuff now because of Basinski?

I honestly hate to say this but I think Basinski’s success was a total fluke

There’s probably something in that. I’m not sure if the OP meant it in this way but I find it annoying when someone claims an artist has a monopoly over a particular sound. Anyone can make whatever they want and should be encouraged to, even if someone else did something similar first. I think when it comes to ambient music it evidences a certain naivety as well and lack of ability to discriminate between the subtleties within the genre. It reminds of when BoC were at their peak of popularity and anyone who used a warbly, degraded sounding synth on a record was labelled as being BoC derivative. Why should they get to have all the fun and nobody else?

right. I mean, I agree for the most part. there’s of course the question of whether the so-called artist is making a conscious choice to flagrantly incorporate styles pioneered by someone else (i.e. a “biter”) or if it’s simply a matter of taking some sort of established recording technique and making it “yours”.

of course everybody else is allowed, I didn’t meant it negatively, just asking if the clustering was accurate.

have to share this amazing track with you all. came up on my BC feed yesterday and it’s incredible. whole album is incredible but this track especially so. hope you enjoy.

always pleased to see french music makers s/o here :slight_smile: thanks for the discovery! had to go on a UK based forum to scope sounds from my own french country, internet you so great

If you can picture the very furthest, coldest, darkest part of Norway, that’s where Mind over MIDI resides. If you want to get an idea of what it’s like there, and can do without the frostbite, then this is the perfect solution. Helge Tømmervåg produces sweeping, icy synthscapes, with digital snowflakes since 1995.

Got so fucking many Bandcamp recs, it’s pretty much the only place I get my music nowadays.
This stood out, noisy (noise-ish) electronic punk on Glasgow label Anxious Music. Got a shouty (Sleaford Mods esque maybe but better, probably an unfair comparison) thing going on with the vocals, not for everyone but i love it very much with all my hearts and stomachs and spleen.

Honestly so happy to see Comfort posted here, truly blessed to have them on my doorstep <3

Cool motorik electro track from DIAMONDSTEIN.

track five, “Experiment IX”, is particularly heart-melting, as well.

RSD always delivering solid work!

https://rsdbristol.bandcamp.com/

Miami heat

Forest Swords just dropped a soundtrack for a film (“Part art film, part performance piece… a fever dream visual poem and the first film to be both about – and recorded by – flying drones”). Woozy electronics / minimal piano stuff / cyberpunk sound design. Great