Women provide accounts of sexual harassment and assault by Derrick May

https://djmag.com/node/99223

1/3 of the Detroit Holy Trinity, Derrick May has been accused of several instances of sexual assault. Both Dj Mag and RA have now outlined a timeline of complacency with these action, as they only reported on this in response to the overwhelming amount of stories, but routinely maintained his glorified legacy otherwise.

May offered this feeble retort:
"As a black man working in a white-dominated and openly biased industry, am I expected to have learned the painful lesson that there is no such thing as truth, fairness, or due process?

When will the long, storied history of weaponizing the sexuality of African American men end?

Must I collaborate under duress with my own victimization at the hands of an openly hostile press that amplifies the so-called fears of privileged, anonymous women in an internet-mediated lynching?

I have no interest in legitimizing these distortions.

Women are the conduit of life, and as such, are to be protected, and not exploited. I live by those words."

What gives? Im convinced the history of techno has always been a covert home for evil after everything ive read and witnessed on social media and in techno clubs, and theres not enough people willing to perform historical ret-con’s to save face anymore, but they wont break the perpetual loop. im convinced DJ Mag and RA and all those complicit are pure scum. is techno built on lies? discuss

Thank you for the article. Unfortunately, it seems May is the asshole here.

I was skeptical when it was all Michael James flaming Derrick on Facebook. Strange conflict of interest with that guy and just generally an unsettling approach.

But now I’m not skeptical on this whatsoever – glad it got some proper reporting and glad it got the RA platform. This dude is nuts, man. What a jock.

Women are the conduit of life, and as such, are to be protected, and not exploited. I live by those words."

C R I N G E

honestly a bit a lil skeptical here. just a bit. i dont think all of these women are lying to get attention like stupid internet conservatives say, but the fact that everyone interviewed here was all anonymous kinda skeeves me out a bit. if they are telling the truth about this, i cant necessary blame them for being anonymous, and maybe this is just an unfortunate coincidence. but i cant help being reminded of the whole attempted debacle behind “cancelling” maynard james keenan with a flimsy twitter account.

that musik mag article the ra journalist dug, up, yeah, def get some bad vibes from that for sure

“STOP!” Techno’s relentlessly lively one managed to chat up three waitresses at lunch and now we’re driving around Glasgow. “Stop!” May urges again. He’s come across a phenomenally long queue for an under-18s disco and the ‘former’ womaniser can’t believe his eyes. “They’re the reason I’m no longer a techno playboy,” he chuckles, gesticulating at a row of girls braving the freezing conditions in preposterously short skirts. “They’re under 18? Huh! They’re the kind of girls who could get me in trouble!”

why would u stop the car just to point at young girls outside the club and say that u not a creep and wont try to hit them? if he is innocent he def is doing a bad job at defending himself for sure