Shinichi Atobe // Heat (DDS)

shinichi-atobe-heat-dds

Surprise new release from the mystery man. Good stuff all round

Definitely excited to hear this one. Listened to his last record yesterday and loved it.

reminds me a lot of Inoue Shirabes work https://birdfriend.bandcamp.com/album/now-romantic

Eh…shit’s boring…some cool grooves but overall tried my patience. Pretty whatever. Just made me wanna jam The Red Line

yeah i agree, i like it but gets a bit tedious, nothing on some of his older releases imo

see, this is the unfortunate downside to “unearthing” the “lost” work of “forgotten” artists…turns out they’ve been making music this whole time but haven’t really progressed much creatively and now there’s a pressure to release it simply because it exists…

100% agree with you on that. I always find it touching to see an older artist still ticking away however, Regardless of progression. Reminds you that they are still just fans of the music with spark in them to contribute.

absolutely. I hope I’ve still got the spark til the very end :slight_smile:

I just cringe a little when a lackluster release like this get the full Boomkat Album of the Week jerk-off treatment and every news feed is proclaiming its brilliance only because of the excessive PR muscle behind it. dumb money.

Spot on analysis of it to be honest. Saw some pretty outlandish coverage about on RA when it dropped.

It’s pretty different to the other records. The whole “heat” thing – it’s much more warm and groovy. I’m always a bit mystified when people describe deep house as “tedious”… when I saw dub techno dude cv313 giving a demo at MUTEK this year he was explaining how he tests his tracks by letting a loop run for hours, and if he doesn’t get bored of it then he knows it’s good. that’s how i feel about Shinichi Atobe, 100%. the first track is 12 mins but it could go on for an hour and i’d be happy with it.