Roll Call for Freerotation 2018

Anyone else manage to nab an elusive Freero ticket this year?

I was massively jammy and won the membership lottery and ticket lottery for the first time this year. Line up is incredible, and I’m constantly hearing about how great the atmosphere is at it, so I’m excited.

Yes ! Same as you, I managed to get the membership and the ticket this year for the first time.

I still need to actually pay for my ticket as I’m waiting to see what happens this week for me. Plus, the person who invited me might not go anymore ! But still.

if anyone wants to shoot me an invite :wink:

Well if you decide not to go you won’t have much trouble finding someone to sell the ticket to, the Facebook group is already inundated with members looking for one

have fun y’all…can only dream about it here in Oregon and wait for the mixes on soundcloud…one day…:heart:

Been in 2016 and going back this year :sun_with_face: it really worths it, the most magical festival imo.
Also people who got rejected, don’t give up, once you have the precious membership there is like 1/3 chance for males and 1/2 for females and non-binary !

Do your chances of getting a ticket improve when you’ve been once before?

Yes that’s what I’ve always heard and it seems to be true, like once you’ve been one time you are almost 100% sure to get a ticket when you attempt for the second time, and like if you went 2 times or more your ticket is guaranted I think. I’ve never met anyone who has attended before stressing about getting a ticket the next year.

They have separate ballots for each group of potential attendees, starting with people who’ve been 5 times or more, then 4+ a week or two later, and so on down the line.

The ballots for the more seasoned attendees have fewer people in them, so your odds of getting a ticket are higher. In addition, if you miss out, you can apply in later rounds as well. So in theory you could lose out in all the rounds and end up without a ticket, but you’d have to be insanely unlucky for that to happen: in practice once you’ve been a few times your odds of going again are pretty much guaranteed.

I went for the first time last year and snaffled another for this year.

It is a great festival. I was in a bit of a “impress me then” mood for most of the festival and if I’m honest a lot of the music didn’t really get to me, apart from Cubik Space Collective, who were the best techno / house live act I’ve seen in over a decade and are absolutely worth seeing if you like Moodymann/UR/Mathew Jonson etc. Really quite brilliant.

The Sunday was excellent in particular though, and the setting and vibe are special. The exclusivity of it and how they keep it like that is a very good way of ensuring that year in year out they manage to keep it going without pandering to commercial sentiment.

Never been but my bro has been a few times and always comes back raving about it.

I hear there’s opportunity for swimming in a nearby lake? Very into that.

Enjoy! I haven’t even managed to enter the lottery yet but who knows, one year. Is the lottery open on a specific date? The site has never had any thing about entering when I’ve been on it.

Yes it on a specific date between 10am and 10pm, all details are announced on the fb group