5. “Barefoot In The Park” feat. Rosalía
  6. “Can’t Believe The Way We Flow”
  7. “Are You In Love?”
  8. “Where’s The Catch?” feat. André 3000
  9. “I’ll Come Too”
  10. “Power On”
  11. “Don’t Miss It”
  12. “Lullaby For My Insomniac”

6 tracks in and am really enjoying it. First time listening to James after him coming onto my radar with If The Car Besides You Moves Ahead and his verse on Travis Scott’s Stop Trying To Be God. Really enjoyed track 3 and 5 on first listen, can tell this will grow on me but will fit a very specific mood / space in my life. Rosalia’s verse was dope but dunno about the duet with Blake on the hook…feels a bit contrived, but the beat is amazing. I think he put the Metro Boomin’ tracks first to catch the kiddies attention, as songs seem to get a bit slower / less hip-pop and more pop as the album plays out. Track 6’s outro (3:40 onwards) is fucking sublime. Something about it reminds me of slower songs on Asap Rocky’s Testing (Kids Turned Out Fine, CALLDROPS)…and i like that. Really stoked to hear this Andre 3000 track…

What do y’all think?

I’m super hyped on it: an album exposing happiness without ignoring the pain of being there. Knowing that happiness isn’t a pure abscene of difficulty. A lot of music/film/etc. is bleak or restrained, probably with good reason (given the times), so I’m thrilled to see an honest exploration of an ultimately positive relationship. I haven’t seen enough of that, and I need it.

Sweet samples too! Really like the mix old love’y samples and synths/strings, feels lush without being overly saturated.

I really hoped he would go full-on glitch like on If the Car… but I quite liked this one. Barefoot in the Park is my fav track.

yeah its grown on me lots since first listen, like all good pop seems to…

ok starting to get in there deep.

favorite tracks

track 6 cant believe the way we flow
track 5 barefoot in the park
track 2 mile high

in that order. sooooo good in the bedroom, lazy sundays, and rainy days on public transportation