Jake Muir // Ladys Mantle (Sferic)

Absolutely lush ambient adventures

yeah, digging this one. lush is right

haven’t listened to this release but read a tweet by him earlier today that made me utter a mumbling “ugh fuck this guy” on the commute home

yeah, undigging this one.

Can someone ELI5 what CIS means?

Cisgender is the opposite of Transgender - e.g. when your gender identity matches the sex you were assigned (what doctors perceived you as judging by your biological features) at birth

So when he writes cis he means everyone that is not transgender basically

Thanks. What a dickhead, as if your gender (or perceived gender in this case) defines what kind of music you enjoy.

I mean it’s idiotic on so many levels, let’s do an inception dive.

Level 1: It’s incredibly stupid to assume “aggressive” music is only justified if it stems from some real life despair or hardships

Level 2: It’s even more stupid to believe the only kind of despair that is legitimate is the kind stemming from being of a marginalised group (not, you know, things like everyone can experience - like losing a loved one, or drug abuse in your family etc)

Level 3: If you believe the incredibly stupid opinions above, it’s still fucking idiotic to believe gender, queer and race issues are legitimate issues to be angry about - but not, you know, CLASS. You can be a “cis white dude” born into extreme poverty, and you can be a queer venezuelan person of colour born into extreme wealth

eh, let’s give the guy a break. he’s been on the scene all of five seconds already, let him have his fun with the politics du jour; his 15 minutes will be up soon enough…

sorry you’re right haha… this is my complaining account

Liking the music here. Nice vibes! Sorry to spam some of these threads, just sort of making bookmarks for myself for later!