FDM aka FLEX DANCE MUSIC Thread

post your favorites, been enjoying this stuff for awhile!!

really love Epic B’s stuff, but especially this combination here is quite special https://soundcloud.com/wxndery/wxnder-y-know-you-prod-epic-b

another favorite of mine

appreciate this thread. i’ve been working with epic and uninamise for a little while now, and it’s been really exciting to watch the scene grow. besides the two of them + hitmakerchinx and dj aaron, there’s a bunch of up and coming / lesser known producers making fdm too. Mvstermind, Yokai, Davincii, Black Hart, MEM, etc. the sound is still relatively new and evolving all the time. more music to come!

yes a lot of these artists have been around for a few years, love Black Hart a lot

are you releasing like a comp?

i cant say my claim on how i feel about this yet but this is the most “post 2015” music ive heard that encapsulates the sonic cultural dogma were in rn and im intrigued by it for that

Hi hi. Love Hitmakerchinx and that compilation album on Fade to Mind last year was great but I was so disappointed it didn’t feature this “Haunted Fire” remix because if I’m FLEXING I’d rather be doing it to some strange ass Castlevania vibes

shamless plug, but i spoke with Epic B and Hitmakerchinx on my radio show the other week – worth a listen if you’re looking for more context or anything

the. tunes. are. banging.

This track has been one of my recent favourites lately.

Overall, I really dig the genre. This whole thing with mixing dancehall and dark elements is super fascinating. It gives me this amped up feeling which I’m always trying to pursue in music.

such a good example of what fdm can do and the first track i usually show people if i’m trying to describe what FDM is… sparse but absolutely freaking a pop song every1 knows