Chilly Gonzales

I’ve not been around in here as much as I wanted to, my work annoyingly blocked the site.

I just want to enthuse a little bit about Chilly Gonzales. I somehow missed Gonzo for ages, despite many great tracks and collabs. But I got his Solo Piano III and it blew my mind. And by mad coincidence he was playing in Leeds the following night after I got it. I managed to get like the penultimate ticket available. Amazing amazing gig. Not my usual evening out for music, sat down in one of Leeds’ more upmarket venues, but I enjoyed every last second.

my friend introduced me to his work a few years ago and at the time I watched all the videos I was being recommended of him live etc., mindblowing stuff, but haven’t watched/listened much since for no particular reason…

Gota check out Solo Piano III now that you’ve mentioned.

A post containing links to his videos/music here seems like a good next step…

Good point!

Solo Piano III is here.

I’ve watched a few YouTube videos but none really captured his performances that well for me. The folly of seeing someone live so quickly…

yea, I must find the videos I was watching back then that blew me away. cant imagine they’re anything in comparison to seeing him live though as you said. amazing to catch him live the next night :open_mouth:

here’s his discogs page for anyone interested:

Saw him live just between solo piano 1 and 2.
Amazing capabilities. A must see if you have the opportunity!