Aught // Mix for Beyond / Below // 02/05/2018

For those of you into ambient / atmospheric stuff, there’s a new series out of Chicago called Beyond / Below that’s been curating some excellent mixes over the past few months. The latest one comes from Aught, the mysterious label / entity whose recent record as De Leon on Mana is an absolute must hear:

The mix is composed of lots of pretty / wistful ambience with minimal / classical and jazz influences. Nice mix of new and old material, and not just a standard drone / “power ambient” set. Really great stuff!

rlly like this so far but wish it was on mixcloud. mixes w/out .txt of playlist give me headaches

@dzyg Yeah, tracklists are always nice. I understand the impulse to keep things mysterious though! I avoid Mixcloud most of the time because the lack of backwards scrubbing is a huge pain! Maybe that’s ony an issue in the US??

Thanks for sharing this.
Is there anywhere here I can share something? I don’t want to obnoxiously start a thread: listen to me soundcloud link as my first post.
Only posting here because ‘ambient/atmospheric’ caught my eye! Totally understand if self promotion is an issue. Couldn’t find anythin regarding this in the guidlines.

promote your self mate, i mean i don’t make the rules or anything, but it’s always good to share what you have. maybe some one will say you can’t but i reckon you should. who knows.

yo how did u get the embed on soundcloud my g

@asuka At first I inserted it as a link with the link button in the editor box, but that just made it a regular old hyperlink. Putting the URL on a line by itself did the trick.

finishing this mix up and this is pretty stellar. 35-40 min has an exceeding amount of sonic timbre mixing that make a nonsensical amount of sense together

i also take back what i said about the needing to know titles. the mystique makes the mix ‘a piece’ i suppose. i dont listen to mixes often so had to ascertain my thoughts longer

Just joined up to the forum, going to use my first post to say I’m loving that Aught mix. Thanks for sharing!