Ambient from the dub spectrum

I find myself seeking a lot of ambient with echoes of dub influence to keep me grounded. Here are a few things I’ve been enjoying. How about you?

Do one really need anything other than Basic Channel?

This whole EP is bliss

or

or

This isn’t true ambient but you might enjoy Quiet Village -

elektro babouska is cool for loungey/dub vibes

Been a big fan of this album:

the Docetism album is amazing, had never heard. amazing first listen

thanks!

I bought a space echo (the foot pedal one, I’m not a hedge fund millionaire) off the back of watching this video.
Just a Volca FM and an OG space echo.
Yummy isn’t it?

@POLY nice one. that Volca looks fun.

Couldn’t see this thread topic and not instantly think of these comps…recently procured vol 1 tho vol 2 is some fiiiiiiire.

new ploy is dreamy (also bonus reminds me of Edwyn Collins – I Never Met a Girl Like You Before) @coldsholda

Paul St Hilaire and Rene Lowe - Faith is a good one. But are you looking more for pure ambient?

@proximitybay thanks, hadn’t heard this one! When I started this thread I was thinking in the vein of rhythm and sound, looking for ambient with haunt of techno vibes, rather than full on dub. So yes this is nice :slight_smile:

@Meddle hadn’t heard Ploy before, this is great!

@POLY that looks fun

@droid Seefeel is an all-time favorite! Yesterday I discovered this project between Mark Clifford and Loops Haunt that had slipped my radar, really enjoyed it on first listen:

Finest Dub Techno

I assume people know about this LP?

Yeah I’ve got this, nice album. You got a dvd making-of documentary with the record.
Really like the duppy gun stuff they did after this, although haven’t heard the most recent duppy gun album which is mentioned in another thread.