10 years of Nutriot

On August 24, 2008 I written my first ever album review on a then-new blog called nutriot.com. I did not have a background in writing and writing in a foreign language didn’t make it easier. What I did have though was passion for music. Back then, I was a regular on Omniverse, a forum launched by 4hero / Reinforced Records. Forums were a thing back then and for years I was part of this online community with whom I shared my passion for music. I’ve met some users, others I still call my friends up to this day. When some of my most frequented forums shut down, Beyondjazz being one of them, I felt lost for a while. I thought about doing my own website, but it tooks some months before I finally set up WordPress to start writing about music things I found online. In about 5 years, I have single-handedly written nearly 2000 articles, from short video or mixtape announcements to reviews and commentaries. This seems so long ago. I realized it has been 10 years since the blog was born, so on the occasion we started a new mixtape series called Black Quartz. The first volume was selected and mixed by my good friend The Reboot Joy Confession and is now available on Mixcloud.

https://www.mixcloud.com/nutriot/black-quartz-mixtape-001

When patten launched 555-5555, I signed up for old times sake, but I haven’t really been a part of this. Anyway, I thought I’d share the mix and this short story behind it with you!

I’ve put together the second volume myself. Be kind, my experience with DJ’ing is near-zero! :slight_smile: