New and old Post Punk / New Wave

Couldn’t find a thread about any post punk stuff. Any interesting bits you’ve been listening to? Old gems or new releases.

The stuff Molchat Doma has put out is sick imo.

Here is Black Midi’s live performance just cause I really like this one

Also check out their new record, schlagenheim!

this is so incredible

Old french cold wave record that got reissued a few weeks back

Obsessed with Dry Cleaning atm https://drycleaning.bandcamp.com

Studio

Live

As for old stuff I got really into early-mid period The Fall a few years ago (having known a couple of bits for a while) and they instantly became one of my favourite bands. I could make this list 4 or 5 times as long, easily. And I know maybe about 20% of their output.

Skip to 3:50 for the live music, but the interview is good too.

Really into a girl who loves The Fall - this will help me impress her - thanks.

Yah yaaahh, industrial estate :slightly_smiling_face: so much excellence

This thread has got me rereading Steve Hanley’s excellent book about being in The Fall so thanks everyone!

In exciting news, there’s a new album out by Chrome. Chrome was and still is pretty goddamn awesome!

Also recommend checking out their earlier stuff too, they can be similar to bands like Neu! but way more spaced out and fuzzy!

These are 2 of my fav’s to start off…

Oh I do love me some New Wave.

nwavey

You guys like it a bit more obscure. :smiley:

43%20PM

If you are looking for “body music” mixes, I recently started a show on a local radio station at the end of 2021.

EBM was the catalyst for the show, however we explore ‘satellite’ genres as well. So you can expect to find Dark Disco, Post Punk, Electro, New Wave, Synth Pop, Dark Wave, Industrial & Techno elements throughout, the style of each episode is quite varied. Each episode features myself warming up for the first hour followed by a guest mix for the second hour.

Initially Disco for the Damned was supposed to be a club night which I had planned to launch some time ago in early 2020, however Covid-19 had other plans. Fortunately I have been able to put this show together with the help of https://belowground.fm/ - Sadly living in Hong Kong, bars and nightclubs are STILL closed, group gatherings are illegal and international travel to the city is almost impossible as we still have a two week quarantine for anybody flying in.

And so here I am looking to the internet to find ways to grow the show and possibly network with other musically likeminded individuals!!

Each episode is broadcast live via Belowground’s website at 2PM Hong Kong time on the last saturday of each month, and I will usually upload the recording to my DFTD playlist on soundcloud the following week.