Jungle, D&B and breaks – what's exciting in 2018?

@E_TCH oh shit that Normal 4 track! thanks

Not yet but soon…
Due for release on Sept 7th, this is a comp of contemporary Jungle. I can’t pretend to follow this sort of thing dead closely but there’s been a few records released in the last couple of years that have made my ears prick up, this being one of them.
Bandcamp

Soundcloud clips

Blurb
"Compiled by Dead Man’s Chest and drawing from some of the freshest talent in the contemporary jungle movement, Blunted Breaks Volume 01 aims to capture & document one of the most exciting musical resurgences of the era.

Blurring the lines between future & nostalgia, Blunted Breaks is intended as a true long-player, paying homage to the roots of jungle music & it’s disparate & eclectic nature."

Looks like the physicals have already sold out as pre-orders. :confused:

That entire Calibre release is awesome. I love the Jill Scott sampling opener.

just got onto the untouchables; so good! Rhythmically on another mind-bending level

bought this EP the other day and read today it’s another Shed alias haha… he does no wrong

madness

There’s this label from my hometown that had a good run this year. I post some of the latest releases by Defrostatica:

wouuuld anybody be so kind as to point me into early Breakage classics? I came to him quite late (when he was dipping into super fast stuff or dubstep) but he’s always highly spoken of <3

massive

Pete Cannon is on FIRE atm…

Also ETCH has got plenty of heat on the way this year.

so what’s exciting in 2019?

i’m just super impressed by this self-released ep of Tinkah. it’s somewhere between ambient and jungle and i think you all should buy a copy :wink:

i posted some stuff here: favourite leftfield Drum & Bass / Drumfunk / Autonomic tunes

not sure if these tracks are old enough

…and a sprinkling of Stott on top :wink:

EDIT and a massive dollop of this!

just now getting into this THUGWIDOW joint…amazing

Shiken Hanzo : https://shikenhanzo.bandcamp.com/album/chronicles-volume-one. Sashimono is wild af

Also, this is another dope release of 2019 so far: https://utopiamusic.bandcamp.com/album/lateral-thinking-lp-um022

@CRK here thx for the post mate :slight_smile:

I’ll add some stuff to this topic !

First off, some personnal stuff from my new solo project

Schnell Vitesse

Then some other tunes I discovered this last few months

Those are pretty recent. For older trancy / jungle / breakbeat vibes I have those in mind (which are always with me when I’m djing :slight_smile:)

ultra classic!

and when the BPM gets slower

Enjoy !

The dudes and animal, absolutely sickening :face_vomiting:

lol yeah his drum programming is absurd…never heard anyone chop breaks like that.

just copped the latest, too! so good!

insanely next level DNB from Margari’s Kid. Bought this 12" a week ago.

This is such a great album!